By Dudes, For Eagles

What's better than this? Guys being Dudes.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Is Orange Season Back?


Let's play a little good news bad news to kick off Tuesday morning.

Good news: My office kitchen is always stocked with fresh fruit: Bananas, Apples, and Oranges.

Bad news: I'm mildly allergic to apples (and pears, peaches, cherries, etc.). I am a survivor. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.  Anyways, its the most common allergy on earth, read a fucking book for once, Seth.

Good news: I like bananas, and I LOVE oranages. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Bad News (here's where it starts to get really bad): Oranges, or at least our orange supplier, has a seemingly short good orange season. Basically since March we've been getting pathetic excuses for pieces of fruit. Tough to peel, yellowish orange color, sour, and worst of all, loaded with seeds. If I wanted to work for my food I would move to the frontiers of the Northwest Territory circa 1795. You're telling me we can keep Ted Williams alive but can't genetically engineer an orange that is actually good 12 months out of the year?

(Potentially) GREAT news: Don't want to speak to soon, but today's kitchen oranges were different. Back to the deep orange color, peeled like a dream, and most importantly, no seeds. Now we're not all the way there, still not as sweet as we see in the winter, but it sure as hell seems to me like the glory days are just around the corner.

Two reasons why I'm writing this. First, we literally don't have a single reader yet so if I feel like talking to myself at work about oranges that is my God given right as an American web blogger. Two, and more importantly, this was all just a subliminal reminder of how fucking amazing it's going to be when we #ShockTheWorld and make the Orange Bowl one of these years (this year? Stay tuned for our predictions. That's what we in the biz call a teaser). After all, as we all know, the peak of the Florida Citrus season is December/January. Sure doesn't sound like a coincidence to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment