By Dudes, For Eagles

What's better than this? Guys being Dudes.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Bring Natty to Alumni


So 3 days from now Alumni will start selling beer and wine for the first time ever (outside of the luxury boxes). As someone who’s had the pleasure of knocking down a few suite colas a few years back, let me say there is something tremendously special about drinking in a place you’re not used to drinking in, especially while watching your college football team. Very exciting times ahead, and great job by the new AD right outta the gate. Anyways, there are a few things I’ll be pretty interested to hear about come Saturday’s beer rollout – prices, locations (definitely far away from student/young alumni is my guess, unfortunately), how long the lines are, and actual selection. No, I don’t even remotely care about what local craft or fall IPA they go with (there is another BC Blogger out there for that intel). Instead, I’ll be watching closely with my fingers crossed to see if Marty J respects the values of Boston College enough to include Natty Light on the menu.

Maybe I’m in the minority here (I’m definitely in the minority here), but I’m a firm believer in that a school’s consensus cheap cola is woven into the fabric of the institution. We are, without a doubt, a Natty school. I don’t know why, I don’t know how, but it is what it is and I couldn’t be prouder. Busch and Keystone taste the same, cost the same, but the only way you’re carrying one of their 30’s out of the Res beer fridge (heaven on earth by the way, if Res was smart they would rent it out for birthday parties or something) is if they’re all out of the red silver and blue (or if you went to Umass, Uconn, Framingham State, Notre Dame, UNH, or about 1000 other Busch/Keystone schools. Gross. No Offense.). I like to think this has been passed down from many generations before us (maybe that Gordie Howe ad went viral in the mods?), and will continue on the Heights long after we’re gone. Natural Light is truly a Boston College institution, right alongside Lower Steak & Cheeses, Mary Anne’s, and freshmen guys never getting into Mod parties. So with all of that said, please, Martin, add Natty to the list this weekend. I’m sure the menu will have one of the big 3 lights*, probably something to make the beer snobs happy too, but I really don’t care about any of that; Just give us the sweet Natty nectar 6 Saturday’s each fall, and allow Eagle alumni from near and far to truly feel back home.

*Let me say loud and clear that I do not remotely care about which “big 3” light beer we go with, and if you say you do because of taste you are a liar/bad guy. Yes gun to my head I’d pick Bud Light, but that’s just cause they have the best ads of the 3, I like the color blue, and everyone knows I’m a follower when it comes to big brands. But if you say even for a second “damn, this place only has Coors?” or start talking about which one tastes the best then you go right to hell, because I’m here to chew bubblegum and tell liars to go to hell, and I’m all out of bubblegum. They are, quite literally, all the exact same thing in different cans, and saying they’re not is just a weak attempt to try to act like you’re smarter than the rest of us. I’m not buying it.


Anyways, that was talking bro sodas and missing college. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment